Since 1975 Texacraft has grown into one of the most recognizable names in the commercial/contract furniture industry. Furniture offerings from poolside to restaurant to lounge areas and more, Texacraft is your one-stop-shop for all of you outdoor and casual furniture needs.
TexaWood is a line of environmentally friendly furniture utilizing ‘lumber’ made from recycled plastics. The TexaWood ‘lumber’
begins its transformation with the recycling of post-consumer bottle waste such as milk and detergent bottles and other postindustrial materials. The cleaned and decontaminated materials are compounded into pellets that are melted, molded and
extruded into planks of plastic ‘lumber’ and are available in a host of natural and vibrant colors. By creating the ‘lumber’ from
a single, purified polymer material, the eventual lumber is manufactured to an exacting, reproducible product ensuring uniform quality standards. The end product is a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) material that has the look and texture of real wood.
The Green Plan
As global awareness grows in acknowledging the importance of protecting our planet, Texacraft®, as part of Brown Jordan International, Inc., is continually seeking opportunities to move forward in our efforts of environmental responsibility.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
We endeavor to:
- Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
All scrap aluminium and buffing dust are recycled.
All cardboard waste is recycled locally and nothing goes into landfill.
Scrap powder from the painting process is sent to use as filler at a local concrete block manufacturing plant. This eliminates the necessity to use landfills and saves on disposal.
Scrap vinyl strap material is recycled. The reground strap is used as colorant for other products using injection mold.
- Texacraft® uses Durawera® which is an exclusive patent of Hawaii Thai on its fully woven product lines.
- Durawera® comes from the word DURABLE WEAVING MATERIAL. Durawera® is a synthetic fiber whose technology patent is exclusively held by Hawaii Thai.
- The environmentally-friendly nature of Durawera® begins with its clean and toxic free manufacturing process. The synthetic cords are safe around a household with children and pets. Since Durawera® can be recycled it has no negative environmental impacts.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- Our factories will use local labor and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.